Have you ever had a sudden jolt of pain on one side of the head? The head is in pain! It seems the whole world is getting dark! Can’t tolerate light and sound? Most of us have such experiences; in some cases, it is regular. Migraine is the name of this unbearably painful experience. About 5% of the world’s population is affected by migraine.
What is a migraine?
The word migraine comes from the Greek word ‘hemicrania’, which means pain on one side of the head.
Assistant Professor M. of the National Institute of Neuro Sciences and Hospital in the capital. S. Zahirul Haque Chowdhury said not all headaches are migraine. Headache can be caused by problems like brain tumors, vision problems, other problems in the head region. Migraine is a kind of primary haddock, which can be cured through regular treatment. The disease should be treated under the doctor and through regular checkups.
Why is Migraine?
It is not known exactly why the migraine occurs. However, it may be for any reason hereditary or unknown. Some studies have also shown that hormones have effects. He testifies to the difference in the rates of men and women being infected at different ages. This is usually more for women than men. Women have headaches during menstruation.
The causes that can cause migraine are called ‘triggers’. Examples such as chocolate, cheese, coffee, eating disorders, birth control drugs, anxiety, extra travel, exercise, insomnia, a long time watching TV, working on computers, talking on mobile, etc. Mental stress, anxiety, constipation, very bright light aggravate the disease. Migraine pain is not for any eye problems.
At times, migraine problems can occur from food, perfume odors, cigarette smoke, too hot or cold.
Headache can last for hours, even days. Headache, nausea are the main symptoms of this disease. However, excessive hyperactivity, loss of attention, frustration, and other symptoms can be preceded by headache. The pain starts from any part of the head. Later spread to the whole head. The feeling of pain in the back of the eye can be created. Sound and light do not like. Sometimes the pain can be exacerbated by excess noise and light.
Severe headaches can lead to hallucinations and nausea. Normally, normal blood flow to the brain is disrupted if levels of serotonin or five HT are changed in the blood. The arteries in the outflow of the brain swell at the onset of migraine, so the severity of the headache becomes enormous.
There are several types of migraine. One of them is a classical migraine. Most of the time you can understand the beginnings of a classical migraine. In the early stages, there are hallucinations. Flashing light in front of the eyes, you see flowers in the eyes. Feelings are felt in the arms and legs around the mouth.
On one side of the body, there may be weakness or depression. Then the headache begins, starting from a spot on one side of the head and gradually expanding to the entire side of the side. In severe depression, pain can overwhelm you. There is a lot of sweat. Nausea or nausea. Light and sound are not tolerated at all. It is reluctant to speak, the mood is irritated. It is better to stay in the darkroom in silence.
There are medicines to relieve the pain of migraine. Depending on the severity of the pain, painkillers may be taken. Common paracetamol may work for many, but if the pain is severe, the severity of the drug should be increased. But it would be wise to consult a doctor. No drug should be taken without the doctor’s advice.
However, in addition to drugs, the most important thing to do during migraine pain is to sleep in a dark and speechless environment for at least a few hours.
Foods that help prevent migraine headache
1) Magnesium-rich foods. For example, diced rice, rice, potato and barley are migraine resistant.
2) It relieves the pain of various fruits, especially dates and figs.
3) Green, yellow and orange vegetables (especially spinach) are beneficial by playing regularly.
4) Calcium and Vitamin D helps to prevent migraine. Sesame, flour, and beets, etc. have a lot of calcium.
5) Ginger slices or ginger juice mixed with water twice a day.
6) If you can stay in the sun for 5 minutes every day, it is better. If possible, you can take vitamin D supplements at the doctor’s advice.
7) During menopause, estrogen is due to a lack of hormone imbalance many times. Eat fiber-rich foods. Adhere to the Low Fat Diet.
Do not eat foods
1) Tea, Coffee & Tropical, Chocolate, Ice Cream, Yogurt, Milk, Butter, Tomato and Talk Fruits
2) Wheat meal, such as bread, pasta, bread, etc.
3) Eggs, meat
4) Apples, bananas, and peanuts
However, different foods can cause problems as well. So it’s best to keep a diary. So that you can keep in mind that some foods and some surrounding events are increasing or decreasing the pain. Note a week like this, you will find your own solution. However, if the pain is high, consult your doctor.
Here are some ways to get rid of migraine
Adherence to certain rules, along with immediate and preventative drugs in the treatment of migraine, greatly reduces the problem.
1) You should sleep at certain times every day and that should be moderate.
2) No bale meal can be omitted. Especially in the morning breakfast can never be missed. Migraine problems occur if you do not eat for long.
3) Do not work in extra or low light.
4) Avoid severe sunshine or severe cold.
5) Not to stay long in a loud and noisy environment.
6) Not to be in front of the computer monitor and TV for a long time.
7) Drink plenty of water when migraine begins (especially if vomiting)
8) To rest, cool clothes should be worn on the head.
Some misconceptions about migraine
1) Many people think migraine is a headache. This idea is not correct. Headache is one of the many symptoms of migraine. According to experts, migraine attacks can occur without a headache.
2) Many people have the misconception that migraine is only for girls. In fact, it can be any man or woman. However, according to statistics, 5 percent of men and 5 percent of women suffer from this problem. Again, not just the adults, but also the children.
3) Many people think migraine is caused by mental stress. This is not right that about 5% of migraine causes anxiety and emotional stress, but migraine can attack for many reasons.
4) Many people have the misconception that migraine pain does not last long. However, migraine can last for a long time. Many times the migraine lasts up to a month.
5) Many people think that there is no way to prevent migraine. This is not right Although there is no permanent treatment for migraine, it is possible to save a lot by judging the symptoms.
New effective medicine for the treatment of migraine
Researchers say that when all other drugs or treatments fail to relieve migraine or chronic headaches, this new drug will work. This new drug is an injection. The injection can be taken once a month. It’s named ‘Arenumab’.
The UK National Health Service will shortly be taking this medicine to migraine patients; If its price is within capacity or at a logical level. Detailed information about the new drug is presented at a medical conference in the United States. Researchers say the drug will help about a third of people with a severe migraine. Each time a migraine sufferer becomes infected, the rate of infection with the new medicine will be reduced by half. This is good news for anyone suffering from migraine.
This terrible pain, called migraine, does not make sense to suffer from headaches day after day. Everyone should know and be aware of migraine. As well as follow preventive instructions. Because in any disease, “Prevention is better than cure”!