A few months before, on October 28, Google introduced a new algorithm update called BERT. Since the algorithm was rolled out, there has been a flurry of discussion throughout the search engine industry. According to everyone, the Google BERT update will bring many major changes to the Google search result page.
According to Google, this is the largest move in the history of the search overall in the last 3 years.
So, I am discussing this algorithm update today in detail on this content. I would love to discuss the following topics:
- What is the BERT (BERT) algorithm?
- Bert rolling out and its effects
- Some important issues related to BERT
- Will the BERT update change the way SEO is implemented?
What is the Google Bert (BERT) algorithm?
BERT (Bidirectional Encoder Representations from Transformers), one of the best Google algorithms to roll-out the Rank Brain algorithm update over the past 3 years, has been birthed.
This is Natural Language Processing (NLP) pre-training with Google, a natural network-based technique, abbreviated as BERT.
Through Bert, Google will better understand 1 of 3 search queries, as one person understands. From now on, Google will treat each word of a search query in a different way, making sense, so that we can see more relevant results on the search engine result page.
According to Google, this Google BERT algorithm will make an impact at every 1 in 4 search queries. So, think about the impact it will have!
Not just search results, the results we get in featured snippets; They will make an impact. It means the whole – Bidirectional Encoder Representations from Transformers. This is a network-based technique based on Natural Language Processing (NLP). This means that the algorithm will read your content and if your writing context (not content) matches the context of a user’s search; Only then will you (your site) appear on the first page of Google.
Suppose someone did a Google search – “I want to learn programming easily”.
Here Google will analyze the user’s sentiment. As –
- The user is probably a beginner.
- Looking for the easiest language to write / show programming tutorials.
- The user has probably never learned programming before.
Google will try to understand the answers to these three questions and use the To, A, The, And, For and Relative Focused Entity, Parts of Speech and Q / A – to show the user which sites on the first page of Google.
After their new Elgo update to Google, what kind of website could rank “I want to learn programming easier” with this keyword?
- Blogs / Website pages containing content for teaching programming languages targeted only to beginners.
- A simple tutorial is a very basic tutorial that anyone can understand.
- Beautifully categorized, step-by-step or table of content that will make anyone who understands the eyes, after which to learn what to do or the blog/website page to practice.
- There are lots of references to the blog/website pages that stand out from this topic.
BERT rolling out and its effects
Google BERT rolls out this week (October 25-27) and is said to be live for the entirety of the algorithm update.
It is currently working for English search queries but it is expected that it will work for queries in other languages at a later time. These updates to Google will also affect featured snippets.
According to Google, the Bert algorithm affected search queries by as much as 5%, and that is very high.
Example: Hopefully with this example, you will be able to understand BERT’s type of work easily. The following example is from the Google Blog.
In the past, when someone searched for “2019 brazil traveler to the USA need a visa”, Google did not value the word “to” here and its relation to the words after it. As a result, the search results showed Google visa information for people who want to travel from the United States to Brazil. Which is the complete opposite information from what is being searched?
But Bert (BERT), here, understands that this word “to” is very important here and its relation to its later words. This will allow Google to understand that there is a Brazilian here who wants to go to the United States and is seeking visa information. From now on, the results of the search page will be more relatable or relevant.
- The Bert algorithm will roll out throughout the years, and it has been able to make major changes to the feature search snippet alongside the English search.
- Bert is very similar to Rank Brain, a machine learning algorithm that aims to understand search queries and content better and display relevant results.
- Bert helps Google understand more human-like queries and content based on natural language and conversation. Also, Bert helps Google show accurate results by understanding the meaning of each word and the meaning of each word.
- This algorithm will not work with Rank Brain or any other Google algorithm, but rather, it will work together with them.
Will the BERT update change the way SEO is implemented?
The answer is ‘NO’.
Because it’s not an algorithm like Google Penguin or Google Panda, whose updates come with many changes or enhancements to SEO implementation.
But of course, we have some things to do here. Doing so can improve Google Result Page. And that is, present the content of your website better and write the content for a human, not for a search engine. Where you emphasize only the keyword, hoping for a better position.
Hopefully, from my discussion, Bert (BERT) got a detailed idea about the algorithm. If you still have any questions, please let me know via comment. I will try to answer your question correctly.
So what do we have to do now?
Nothing to do, actually. Write the most focused content.
Leave the rest on Google BERT.